L.A. Museums – Recessionista Style
By Emily Waldorf
Did you know that you can get into Los Angeles museums for free on certain days? Mike Boehm wrote the definitive guide in The Los Angeles Times, that breaks it all down for the budget conscious culture-seeker.
- Hammer Museum is free on Thursdays
- Huntington Museum, Library, and Botanical Gardens are free the first Thursday of every month
- Fisher Museum at USC is always free
- Orange County Museum of Art is free the 2nd Sunday of each month
- Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach is always free on Sunday
- Long Beach Museum of Art is always free
- Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena is free from 6pm-9pm the 1st Friday of each month
- LACMA is free the 2nd Tuesday of each month, holiday Mondays, and offers a pay-what-you-wish option for the permanent collection from 5pm until closing
- The Getty Museum and Villa are always free but you have to pay for parking ($10 at Museum), reservations are required for the Villa.
Filed under: education, museums | 3 Comments
Tags: entry, Fisher Museum, free, Getty Museum, Getty Villa, Huntington Gardens, Huntington Library, Huntington Museum, LACMA, museum, Museum of Latin American Art, Norton Simon, Orange County Museum of Art, recessionista, USC